I only began reading books on writing this year – while I’m working on my third novel. I’ve read some good books on writing, and some bad ones.
What books would I recommend?
- Beginnings, Middles, and Ends by Nancy Kress. Where does your book fall apart? The answers are here.
- Dynamic Characters by Nancy Kress. Make your protagonist 3 dimensional.
- Conflict and Suspense, by James Scott Bell If you don’t have this, you don’t have a novel.
- Save The Cat, by Blake Snyder. Yes, its for screenplays! Writing Screenplays has dramatic effects on your abilities as a writer!
- Writing Screenplays that Sell, by Michael Hauge.
I’ve got several other books that I just haven’t read yet. One I’m finishing right now was such a huge impact on me, I’m actually going to keep the title a secret! It’s on writing screenplays, and it’s by a professional script reader. That’s all I’m going to say!